Location: Noida, South Asia, IN
Company: British Council
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
Purpose of job:
To deliver a positive experience for all potential and existing British Council customers with an aim to maximise our business. The aim is to provide first time resolution to all customer enquiries over the Phone and through e mail response.
- Experience in a call centre environment
- Experience in a Voice bases/Blended process which includes Inbound / Outbound / Email / Chat/ Backend processing.
- Proficient in English & Hindi Communication Skills.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices(Voice, E Mails & Chats related)
- Good Computer (MS office) and keyboard handling skills
- Understanding of Contact Centre processes, reporting, MIS etc.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
(including people management and finance)
- Actively promoting, recommending and providing guidance about British Council products, programmes and services, appropriately tailored to customers’ individual needs whilst making sensible attempts to cross-sell.
- Should be able to meet the sales conversion targets individually and contribute in the overall team sales target too.
- Ensuring service levels are met, access and quality standards are upheld, by answering inbound enquiries accurately and promptly and meeting agreed targets and timescales
- Accurately complete call logs on CRM/other tools and update necessary data sheets and coding all customer interactions in line with business requirements
- Working closely with colleagues and team members to share information, make new suggestions, and provide feedback surrounding customers’ needs, concerns and issues to the Sales and Customer Service Management team.
Sales and Customer Service Management team
- Research on required information using available resources/applications (Website, Shared drive, Knowledge Management Tool etc.)
- Route/Transfer calls to appropriate resource/channel if necessary
- Follow up on customer enquiries where necessary via outbound call or email
- Maintain the minimum agreed British Council quality standards on each customer interaction
- Ensure that their workforce are aware of the information security policies and comply with them
- Ensures that the team complies to ISO 27001 and IGA related requirements
- Send account opening requests effectively
- Disable accounts immediately for leavers and Absconders /on long leaves
- Document and monitor / review access levels of his/her team
- Provide security awareness and education to team
- Manage Records to ensure compliance to Freedom of information act
- Ensure incidents of their respective functions are closed within SLAs